Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What Have I Been Up To?

Not a whole lot, other than failing at NaBloPoMo. Recently, I've been spending a lot of time on my warrior, getting back into my groove.

My original character (in TBC) was a priest. I wanted a class that could heal at 80, because those are always in demand. Around level 68, the Guild told me "You are our shadow priest." WTF. I actually wanted to heal, while some other people in the guild either whined about/sucked at healing. So, despite my Primal Mooncloth Robe (which still sits in my bank as a grim reminder), I rolled shadow and became an expert at it (getting up to about 900 DPS as shadow in TBC was hard).

We had some issues with tanking, so I power leveled a warrior in order to tank. Meatgazer, my Tauren Warrior, was my pride and joy.
I caught up with the guild, tanked Gruul and Mag (which was hard since we only had ten people and I had to PuG) and even tested some gimmicky tanking builds that worked really well.  Revenge prot let me solo tank VR despite threat drops (post nerf).

When Wrath came out, I got him to 80 quickly in revenge/prot spec, but was passed up as one of the guild tanks. I sucked it up, rolled mage cause that's what we needed, and basically stopped playing my warrior (except to make money with inscription).

When I started doing prot PvP, I was having a blast. I soon realized to meet my full potential, I need to have some powerful PvE items as well, and started tanking content on my warrior. H UP turned into normal ToC. Normal ToC turned into H ToC. H ToC turned into ToC-10. And I was hooked. I've got the tanking bug again.

Don't get me wrong. I still love my mage a ton, and I still drop the mad deeps when needed. But I'm thinking about changing my main back to my warrior if the guild will let me.

Have you ever just wanted to go back to an old character and make that your main? Besides, we'll all need two mains for ICC when it comes out, so what's the worst that could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment