Monday, November 2, 2009

Non-Meme Healing Questionnaire... Meme

Edit: This survey was actually from Miss Medicina, so give credit where credit's due.  Another blog to read! 

Gnomeaggedon decided to fill out a non-meme healing questionnaire and to challenge people who read his blog to fill it out. So I have decided to take this non-meme and non-fill it out.

My first level 70 toon was a priest, and I figured this is something I can talk about, despite him not being level 80 yet.  He's 74 now, but I'm working him up to 80 for *gasp* PvP.

What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer?
Sukutaklu, Priest, Shadow (lol). I was primarily a shadow priest in TBC back when being a mana battery actually meant something. However, I originally intended to heal and this is proven by my Primal Mooncloth robe sitting in my bank, despite being Shadoweave spec'd for all of TBC.

What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans)
He was originally a 5-man healer, since I was shadow in raids. I spent a pretty penny respecing, before they had dual spec.

What healing spell do you use least for your class and why?
Renew. I hate HoTs, and renew tricks you into thinking it gets the job done. While I could renew dps, I tended to tank heal and renew just doesn't cut it. And it eats all your mana and tended to waste ticks if you refresh it too soon.

What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why?
Preventative healing. Shields and such let you prepare for picked hits. Also, since I have a mage main, I have a special place in my heart for disc priests who shield arcane mages.

In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you?
Tank healing, although I have seen some disc priests make a good raid healer with hefty use of shields.

What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why?
Actually, not priests. I prefer to heal on my wife's shaman. However, disc priest is tons of fun, and I used to level smite spec, the BEST healing spec.

What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why?
Paladin. Never played it, but I would hate to spam just FoL/HL.

What is your worst habit as a healer?
Not healing myself, 'nuff said.

What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing?
Tanks that don't pull fast enough. I don't need all my mana back, unless where about to fight a boss or very difficult raid trash. I'll let you know if I need to drink.

Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing?
As far as healing meters go, no. As far as effectiveness, yes. Meters are for losers and mages anyways.

What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer?
A win, but more specifically my targets staying alive.

What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class?
Haste is not as great a stat as it's made out to be. You hit the haste cap very quickly, so SP and crit are generally better (unless you're spamming flash heal).

What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn?
A lot of priests are first time characters or first time healing characters. Probably the hardest things are healing yourself in raids and moving out of fire.

If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)?
Low healing, high estimated shields.

Haste or Crit and why?
Crit. Disc priests hit the haste softcap quickly with the Borrowed Time talent (25% haste after shields).

What healing class do you feel you understand least?
Druids. Every spell sounds the same and don't seem very intuitive. Greater heal is better than Flash Heal. Healing wave is bigger than Lesser Healing Wave. Flash of Light is faster than Holy Light. WTF is the difference between Nourish, Rejuvenation, and Regrowth?

What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing?
I use X-Perl for my unit frames, and I tend to macro the "Oh-Sh#$" insta-cast skill with a heavy heal.

Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others, and why?
I try to go hard on spellpower and hit the haste level. After that, crit is icing on the cake. I do like to stack mana regen stats so I don't have to stop casting though. So I guess that means balance. I will say since my tanking days, I tend to keep multiple sets of gear.

And that ends the questionnaire. I don't really have any followers, so I can't meme anyone, but it was fun and gave me something to post about!

No comments:

Post a Comment