Thursday, December 3, 2009

50 Eggs

What we've got here is a failure to communicate.

I've been raiding on both my mage and my warrior. I've been out of town with the family and forgot my laptop. I've been busy at work and haven't had a chance to do it when I get home. Blogging is hard work!

Since I was not successful in NaBloPoMo, I thought it would be appropriate to go over the lessons learned.

1. Posting every day creates burnout
2. Said burnout is partly due to lack of content to post about
3. When I push myself to post everyday, I put out lower quality work.

Back when I started this blog for Champions online, I posted every weekday, but I had a lot to post about. I literally spent more time posting about the game than playing it. In hinesight, posting about it was more fun than playing it.

I ran out of content to write about, so I expanded the blog. I still wanted 5 posts a week, and quickly ran through a lot of content. It was hard work. Then I tried to push more content out and quality suffered. And I am sorry for that.

I'd like to write about LARP more. I'd like to do more reviews of games and books. Maybe I'll talk about some board games like I wanted to in the past. Hell, it's my blog, I'll do what I want.

I think I'm going to aim for 3 posts a week. Why three posts?

It seemed a nice round number.

No comments:

Post a Comment