Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fix My Glyph of Frostbolt!

I've been doing my raiding as frost for the past few weeks. At first, I made a frost spec for kiting on Saurfang and I just lingered in it as long as possible until our RL realized the water elemental was out and made me change to arcane.

I've found that in Icecrown, I don't bother glyphing for Frostbolt. There are too many fights where being able to slow things with a frostbolt is valuable (Lady Deathwhisper, Saurfang, Valithria, and possibly Rotface/Putricide). I just can't justify a 3.5% increase to dps (about 175 DPS) to lose that versitility.

I would love to see Blizzard change the downside to the frost glyph and give me my snare back. I understand it's intended to keep the 5% increase in damage out of PvP, but I've got a different idea to fix that.

Make the Glyph of Frostbolt give 5% extra damage to Frostbolt when the Water Elemental is out.

Blizzard has created a glyph that is must have for frost PvE yet complete failure for PvE - Glyph of Eternal Water. This makes the Water Elemental permanent but eliminates its frost nova ability. This gives a large damage increase to PvE mages and reduces the burst control/damage in PvP. Blizzard made this glyph perfect.

So if we changed the glyph of Frostbolt, we would see an (almost) guaranteed 5% increase on Frostbolt damage for PvE. This could give a little bit of a boost to burst damage for the PvP mage, but the fact is that glyph spots are hard to fill and this could be countered by putting more emphasis on killing the water elemental.

Currently, there's no downside to the Glyph of Arcane Blast or the Glyph of Frostfire Bolt, and the downside on the Glyph of Fireball is so minor (lose 29 damage every 2 seconds) that no one cares about it. I would like to see a buff to the main weapon in the PvE Frost Mage's aresenal, and I think this is the proper way to do it.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment